unitS of LANGUAGE
words. words. WORDS. Feelings. Thoughts. Emotions.

luncheon with CEO

By josephine wong suk mun
How was it? Not too bad. The food sucks though.

The day started with the arrival of HODs and also our director and CEO of UOBM. We were then handed our PDP and introduced to our mentors. It was as if I was practising for my upcoming convo. Went to the front, shook some hands and received the big file. Our mentors then took us to our respective divisions. For me, I went to the 7th floor, COMMERCIAL BANKING DIVISION. My mentor introduced the functions and the basic details about the division. Apparently our division is focused on three main branches namely, Medan Pasar, Jalan Othman and Klang.

Please don't send me to Klang! So far...

Anyways, back to my PDP. My whole 15months, where would I be stationed, what will I be doing, what will I have to learn, what will UOB EXPECT me to learn is stated in the whole file. So basically, I'll be rotating only at 3 places, HQ, Medan Pasar and Jalan Othman. Looks like next month onwards I will have to take public transport instead of driving. The only available parking spaces at HQ is pretty far away and I will have to walk very very far. what if I have to stay back at office? Er... no thanks. Also Medan Pasar, I doubt theres a place for my car. *sighs*

Taking the lrt is tiring =(

Some pictures from the day.


goofing around with some of the HODs

(l-r) celine, moi, HODs: oon, alex, sowyoke, kan, yong, mike and shilin

the three MAs in Commercial Banking


the whole team

(l-r) front: mike, celine, shilin, me, zing, amy, singpei, aiyoon, dany

back: sk, hk, kk, kevin, david

missing from the picture: faye, justin, ben, vivien, daniel

The corporate bankers were warned to keep their alcohol consumption level high. A few of the HODs agreed to that even for us commercial bankers as we will be dealing with lots of SMEs. The good news is we will be invited to drink whenever the singapore management comes over for their annual meeting or don't know what. I am alcoholic, I know! I seriously need to go on a strict diet regime which includes lots of healthy food and exercise. I want to take up salsa. Woohoo!

 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?