unitS of LANGUAGE
words. words. WORDS. Feelings. Thoughts. Emotions.

what has been going on

By josephine wong suk mun
Some of the things we did throughout the boring classroom trainings...



Newsflash: Gideon Chan passed away due to a car accident. He was a student in Utar PJ. Met him during CF camp last year. Sadly, I only have vague memories of him. Kinda makes you think more about life when you realize someone you knew eventhough not close, went home to the Lord. People might think, what a waste to die at young age. In a way, maybe.
But to think deeper, he ran and finished the race that was planned out for him. I hope that will be my testimony one day.
On a happier note, I am going to be attached at Kota Damansara next week for the whole week!!!! I am very happy because I can sleep one and a half hour more. WooHoo! However, I will have to answer the checklist given to us, do a branch observation report, and an assignment which we have to present the coming week. Where am I going to find time to prepare as the weekend will be packed. Thank God, SK is attached at the same branch. I don't know how to do flow chart using excel. Thank God for engineering students! *smiles*
Classroom trainings are boring. Fortunately today there was something familiar. Forward contracts. Interesting. Treasury products. Boring. Except for the gold bars. The rest, I dozed off. I couldn't help it. Mr Ho was totally talking to himself and didn't even give any eye contact! The two MAs in treasury, an engineering and accounting student. Shouldn't they give it to finance students instead??? But I cannot make it into treasury. Haha. No life. Don't kill me, SK and David. I cannot imagine my life by waking up middle of the night to check the international market. Plus I am not smart enough to be there. *laughs*
And shout outs to two special couples, KingPui & Megan and HooiLi & Paul. Congratulations on your engagement! Too bad you guys are at overseas =( Please update us with pictures from your parties, yea?
 

3 comments so far.

  1. Anonymous August 22, 2008 at 6:50 PM
    im a banking n finance graduate from utar and im responding to your question, why didnt they give the jobs to the finance students? actually i was quite surprise that ur colleagues arent B&F grads. why didnt they pick up those who have such background, i paused for a while and i realised, my frens didnt apply for such jobs and have never heard of them talk about such jobs either. so, basically, i duno if it was our faults or you guys r quick in looking for jobs. i think we are to be blamed, i guess so. coz none of my frens r attaching to the real banking world yet, except most of them r trainees in -e o n b a n k-. so good luck and all the best, i hope banking industry does you good because i myself, dont think i can fit myself into tis world. god bless :)
  2. josephine wong suk mun August 23, 2008 at 12:08 AM
    Er hi jeannie. Don't think I know you but I always welcome comments especially from a former utar-ian.

    I supposed the answer lies in what we chose to major in. If you ask these non-financial backgrd ppl, the common answers will be it is a great course to study but not for work. For example, biotech. I met so many who did science but decided to join banks or other field of interest.

    Somehow along the line, potential employers realizes this and launches such programmes to help fresh graduates to see where they fit in.

    I got two colleagues who are in the Future Leaders programme. Their immediate position is Asst Vice President. And they do not have any financial background. At all.

    So, I guess thats the way. It definately pays better to study in a field that allows you to join any industry.
  3. Anonymous August 24, 2008 at 1:41 AM
    thanks for responding. whats ur major?

    anyway, with u guys here&there, i actually know why i am still unemployed :)

Something to say?