unitS of LANGUAGE
words. words. WORDS. Feelings. Thoughts. Emotions.

you, up there

By josephine wong suk mun
dear vincent,

sorry, I'm a day late. I've talked to your mum a few weeks back. She was asking me to help her to get music scores for your favourite song, "Better is One Day". Its not easy, because hardly anyone write those for their usual practice anymore. Some don't even remember what are those. The "taugehs". Guess I was not very efficient. She managed to find a church friend of yours to do it.

I clearly remember the last time I saw you, was on your 21st birthday. I wanted you to drive me because you promised but somehow, you weren't well everytime I was in ipoh. We went to the nearest oldtown kopitiam and spent time with simin and suetwei too. It was weird seeing you with a moustache and long straightened hair. You were still you, the tv series and books fan.

You would have been 22nd this year. Well, God took you home. I miss you a lot. Especially the past few weeks, knowing your birthday was approaching. I haven't been to the graveyard for some time. Your mum said flowers are blooming, and the sight is awesome. I'll make a trip there when I am back, I promise.

Love you always, my dear brother.
 

1 comment so far.

  1. Anonymous May 9, 2007 at 12:38 AM
    well written.. touchy..
    hmm,can almost feel wat u r tinkin d very moment u write dis post..

    =) i tink he's 1 lucky guy..
    dun tink any1 wud ever dedicate 1 whole post 4 me eva

Something to say?