unitS of LANGUAGE
words. words. WORDS. Feelings. Thoughts. Emotions.

doubtful

By josephine wong suk mun
I hate to admit this: I regret 70% of whatever I do.

People always say, make a decision and keep to it without regrets. Well, guess that applies well to my other 30%. I wouldn't call myself exactly fickle-minded, but I supposed whenever I do something, I just did it without thinking first. Guess that is called stupidity. Take shopping for instance. Most of the time, I regret what I buy. I end up looking at my goods and realized that either I don't like the colour, or the style. It never fails. The same goes to my hair-cutting sessions. Always didn't like how it turn out to be.

So I am basically just going to chill this whole week. Assignments and the word BUSY comes in next week. I am so not going to waste my free time now. I am just going to play games, dream and dream even more! Ahh.. heaven. Talking about heaven...

I was in charge of a so-called Bible study in CF today. It was about Jesus' resurrection. Joel shared, I think a dream of his or something. Well, make it a dream. So, he dreamt that he was in this church where everybody thought it was the Church of God. Later on, he found the real church and went over without informing his friends. So on Judgement Day, Joel's name is found in the Book of Life but his friends are not. His friends asked, why didn't he tell them. Joel didn't because he himself didn't believe that much of it. I read a story like that once before. I guess we would never know what its like after death. The scary part would be friends that you've known for years, some may even be childhood friends are not going to be where you are going to be. Just like Joel's story. What if I get into heaven, but my friends are not? What if they ask why didn't I tell them? Then wouldn't I be the one to be blame for not sharing the Gospel with them?

I don't know. Ever since I became a Christian, I've been selfish. I want myself be closer to God, I keep feeding myself with His word, His love. I never want to be part of any evangelism event. Truth is, I don't know how to ask my non-christian friends to join such events. Even right now, in university. The only christian friends I have are from CF. The people I hang out with most of the time are non-christian. I keep getting people saying that I have all the opportunity to share the Gospel. Somehow, I just can't do it. When I was a younger christian, I secretly hoped that full-time ministry will not be in God's plan for me. I dread the idea of mission trips. I am amazed at Jim Elliot's life and surprisingly when I was reading his journal, I wanted that too. Here is me again, don't know what I want exactly in my life. I am still learning everyday. Through people who love God so much.

And Joel said that heaven is filled with Coke and chocolates.
 

0 comments so far.

Something to say?